1 lb asparagus, trimmed and washed
1 cup water
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp of garlic pre-minced, or 3 minced cloves
Salt and pepper
- Place the one cup water in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Insert the metal steamer basket and place the asparagus on top.
- Put the Instant Pot lid on and set the Manual timer for 1 minute.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with the 2 tbsps of butter and garlic.
- When the Instant Pot timer goes off do a quick release.
- Transfer the asparagus to the pan and saute until they reach your desired doneness.
- Add lemon juice, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Add any additional toppings/seasonings, such as parmesan cheese, etc.
- After the initial pressure cooking you can check the doneness of the asparagus, then cook it in the pan until it reaches your desired result.
- You’ll notice that the first image has tinfoil in the pot. I initially tried to follow the directions from several sites that put all of the ingredients into tinfoil to cook together under pressure. However, all of the butter and garlic simply gets washed off of the asparagus, so after several tries I simply started using a pan. In all honesty, if you like your asparagus crispy/crunchy I wouldn’t suggest using an Instant Pot at all; roast them in your oven instead.