- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Rinse the asparagus spears. Cut or break them off the ends. Also, you can use a vegetable peeler to peel the outer skin of the ends to make the asparagus spears more uniform for cooking.
- Rub the spears with the olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and minced garlic, and rub to evenly distribute.
- Arrange the asparagus spears in a single layer on a roasting pan.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes and check doneness. Depending on your preference and how thick the spears are they may need some more time. Normally, they should be lightly browned and tender when you pierce them with a fork.
- Take them out and drizzle with lemon juice.
- The thicker the spears the better they will roast without getting too over cooked.