- 1 pound (454g) elbow macaroni
- 4 cups (1L) cold running water
- 4 tablespoons (60g) butter
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar
- 8 ounces mild cheddar
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 12 ounces (355ml) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce or Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Add 1 lb elbow macaroni, 4 cups water, and a pinch of kosher salt to the pressure cooker. Close the lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 4 minutes. Then, quick release. There is a chance that some foam will come out with the steam. Have a towel handy. Open lid.
- While the macaroni is pressure cooking, in a mixing bowl, beat 2 large eggs and mix in 1 tsp ground mustard, 1 tsp Sriracha (or Frank’s hot sauce), and 12 ounces evaporated milk. Mix well.
- Keep heat on using the Instant Pot warm function. Give it a quick stir and see if there is excessive liquid in the pot. Drain if necessary. Place 4 tbsp unsalted butter in the pressure cooked macaroni. Mix well and let the butter melt.
- Pour in the wet ingredients and mix well. Add grated cheese (1/3 at a time) and stir constantly until the cheese fully melts.
- If the mac and cheese is too runny, turn the heat to Sauté on the Instant Pot.
- Taste and season with salt and ground black pepper.