- 12-16 oz ground bison
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 10 oz can of diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 15 oz can of black beans ( drained )
- 2 tsp chili powder ( or chili style mix )
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp mustard (spicy and/or regular)
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Toppings: lime juice, sour cream, cheese, cilantro, onions, or green onions. - if desired.
- Press the saute button and add olive oil, onion, and garlic.
- When the onions are translucent add the ground bison to the pot and cook until brown. - drain if desired.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix it all together,
- Cover and lock the lid. Press the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button on the Instant Pot.
- Press the “Bean/Chili” button to begin the pressure cooking. It should be set for 30 minutes. You can also press manual and change the time to 30 minutes. - ensure sure the steam valve is closed.
- Once the timer is finished use a quick release of the pressure.
- Top with lime juice, sour cream, cheese, cilantro, onions, or green onions. - if desired.
- I like mine spicy, so I add red pepper flakes afterwards or whatever elese that spices it up!
- Instead of chili powder I have used a variety of mixes that have all worked well. Specifically, these two: