- 4 large Russet potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash, scrub, and dry the potatoes.
- Pierce the potato 2-3 times with a fork.
- Rub oil over the potatoes, completely cover it.
- Rub salt over the potatoes, completely cover it.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes.*
- Serve with butter, cheese, chives, sour cream and all of your favorite toppings!
*The exact time will depend on the size of the potatoes. If you poke a fork into the potato it should be tender inside.
I used to always wrap potatoes in foil, but never again after this recipe.