- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 lb dry spaghetti noodles
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 24 oz jar your favorite pasta sauce*
- 24 oz water
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Press saute on Instant Pot. Once pot has become hot add the ground beef. Break apart while cooking. Cook until beef is browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Next add in onions and garlic and cook an additional 2-4 minutes until onions are translucent. Press the cancel button.
- Add in diced tomatoes to deglaze the bottom of the pot to loosen up any brown bits.
- Break the spaghetti in half and place in layers on top of ground beef mixture.
- Add the oregano, parsley, pasta sauce and 24 oz of water (just fill the jar up again) into the Instant Pot, making sure that almost all of the noodles are covered by liquid.*
- Lock lid, seal valve, and press the manual button and adjust the time to 8 minutes. When pressure cooker is done cooking do a quick release by carefully opening the steam valve.
- Stir and serve topped with parmesan cheese.
- *So I shop at Costco and of course they have to make everything bigger. Their jars of sauce are 32 oz, so in that case use between 16 to 20 oz of water instead of the full 24 oz. The Costco jars I get actually have measurements on the sides, so just use the jar!
- This might be obvious, but ground turkey or sausage instead of beef also works fine and provides different flavors if you’re looking to mix it up.