2-3 lbs beef roast (I grab whatever is discounted; in this case the label said ‘beef sirloin tip roast boneless’)
1 tablespoons olive oil (or vegtable)
1 cup of salsa (I used Safeway’s private brand in this case)
Taco seasoning, to taste
- Start by cubing the beef into roughly 1 inch cubes.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute and add the olive oil.
- Add the cubed beef.
- Sprinkle on the taco seasoning while cooking the beef until it is browned on all sides.
- Add the cup of salsa to the pot.
- Put on the lid and set the pressure to high and the timer to 35 minutes.
- When the time is up let it do a natural release for 10 minutes before releasing the pressure.
- Mix it all together.
I was skeptical the first time that there would be enough liquid, but it somehow works. I know that the meat releases water, so that combined with the salsa must be enough.
If you cut the beef into too small of chunks it can actually become kind of mushy. Yeah, I found this out the hard way, but it was still good :) I have made mush multiple times out of various food items with a pressure cooker; it happens!