2 pounds bottom roast, cut into strips (any cut of beef will do, like flake steak, etc.)
2/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 cloves minced garlic
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup water
1 teaspoon minced ginger
2 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
3 green onions, diced
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Put oil in the pot and turn it to saute.
- Once heated, cook the meat until it is browned.
- Add the garlic soy sauce, ½ cup water, brown sugar, and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Set timer for 20 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- When the time is up let it do a natural release for 10 minutes before opening the valve.
- Remove the lid.
- In a small bowl stir the cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot.
- Select Saute and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Add in green onions.
I normally serve this with sauted broccoli and rice.