- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup roasted red ( and/or yellow ) peppers
- 1 ½ tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- Place chicken breasts in the Instant Pot.
- Add broth and sprinkle the chicken with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot ( ensure that the valve is set to sealing ). Select Manual, leave it on high pressure, and set the timer to 8 minutes.
- When the timer goes off let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Remove the chicken breasts.
- Strain the broth if desired and turn the Instant Pot to saute.
- Stir together the heavy cream, roasted red peppers, corn starch, and pesto sauce. Then add the mixture to the pot.
- Stir it all together for 3-4 minutes, until it thickens a little.
If you want a thicker sauce you can always mix together 1 tbsp of cornstarch and cold water together is a small bowl, and then add that to the gravy too.
I normally make quinoa as a base and then put the chicken and gravy on top.