- 1 lb peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- fine salt, to taste
- Slice your sweet potatoes into roughly ¼-inch wide strips. Add the fries to a large bowl of cold water and soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Mist a large baking sheet with cooking spray (you may need two sheets) or line them with parchment paper.
- Drain the fries and blot dry the fries with a towel or paper towels.
- Empty and dry the bowl and add the fries back to it. Then drizzle evenly with the olive oil, and toss until they are evenly coated.
- In a small bowl*, mix together the cornstarch, garlic powder, smoked paprika and black pepper. Sprinkle the mixture over the bowl of fries and toss until they are evenly coated and the cornstarch has soaked into the oil.
- Spread the fries out in an even layer on the baking sheet(s).
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then remove pan from oven flip the fries with a spatula. Then bake for 10-15 more minutes, or until they have begun to brown on the tips.
- Sprinkle with your desired amount of salt and let the fries rest for 5 minutes.
- Or you can use a zip lock bag; either way works.